A global supplier of IT technologies engages Edge Strategies to resolve Cloud computing perspectives and plans regarding Cloud computing of CIO/IT Executive responsible for Data Centers in major firms in the US and Europe.
The focus of the research:
- The paths they intend to take to Data Center Cloud adoption, including business and technical challenges
- The major IT vendors considered to guide and support their adoption process
Edge Strategies built insights and recommendations through the following:
- Identified and recruited target CIO/IT Executives responsible for data center operation and technology/supplier selection in major firms in US and Europe. (Including Coca Cola, Raytheon, Humana, Deutche Bank, Boeing)
- Conducted 30 online surveys with 30 CIOs/IT Executives; in-depth, one-on-one interviews with 12
- Integrated primary research with industry data and secondary research
Detailed findings included:
- The range of varying definitions and attitude toward Cloud computing, virtualization and the Private Cloud
- The impact of current technologies, including legacy and server environments, on the Cloud migration path
- Perceptions of major vendors, including value propositions and trends
- These and other findings were the foundation for targeted strategic recommendation to help the client improve customer perception of their capabilities and increase market share.